Have you ever wondered what kinds of lights the rich and famous are using in their multi-million dollar homes? Well we have! Here is a little celebrity inspiration that will blow your mind and perhaps help you with your next lighting purchase…
1. Selena Gomez – This Texas mansion was put up for sale by the young starlet and has a surprisingly traditional feel considering it’s owner. This kitchen looks like more than enough room for entertaining and the two chandeliers mounted above the island compliment it very nicely.
2. Yves Saint Laurent – WOW! This stunning home located in Marrakech features an insane array of colour, pattern and ornate, gold lighting. It’s certainly a home you could never be bored in!
3. Dennis Quaid – These photos were taken after the property was listed for sale and so it’s likely that the lights were switched out for recessed to simplify the look and increase buyer interest. Still, there’s something about the simplistic lighting is quite lovey in this space! We’re not complaining…But we are daydreaming about all the alternate lighting possibilities!
4. Beyonce and Jay-Z – This rental property in the Hamptons has a ton of cool features including a bowling alley, spa and private gym. But how lovely is this bedroom?! It’s contemporary design is light, airy and romantic; the perfect temporary housing for the power-house couple.
5. Frank Lloyd Wright – This home was actually designed by the famous architect Frank Lloyd Wright for Charles and Mabel Ennis and was later purchased and restored by Ron Burke. The house, like all of Wright’s work, is a true masterpiece with meticulous, unique details all throughout such as stained glass, a unique floor plan and ornate columns and wall detailing.
6. Karl Lagerfeld – This fashion mogul is the creative director for Chanel, Fendi and his own eponymous fashion house. The property, designed to emulate a Roman villa, speak to the owner’s artistic eye and has a ton of Art Deco and Romanesque features. We could definitely curl up with a good book in this dreamy living room.
7. Meg Ryan – The design for this Soho loft was conceived by the actress and sold for $10 million in 2017. Her mix of traditional grandeur and New York sophistication come together beautifully in this luxury home and the black and white colour scheme is pulled off in the best of ways.
8. Meryl Streep – Another New York gem put on the market! This Tribeca beauty seems like just the kind of place our Screen Queen could kick back and relax. The kitchen is shown with bare bones recessed lighting (again, likely swapped for resale) but they still suit the modern kitchen and leave just enough room for the other amazing features to take the stage.
9. Tommy Hilfiger – This impressive Greenwich mansion is just the right amount of “Chalet Chic”. While the antler detailed chandelier might be an acquired taste for some (ie: this blogger) it definitely suits this larger-than-life, country living paradise.
10. The Four Seasons Penthouse – Granted, this incredible hotel suite doesn’t necessarily count as a “celebrity” property, but rest assured it has temporarily housed many members of the A-List crowd. We are definitely day-dreaming about a vacation spent lounging in this perfect living space.
Well hopefully that gives you a little interior design eye candy! While these high-budget designs may not be your cup of tea (or easy on the wallet) they can hopefully give you some things to shoot for (and maybe avoid?) for your next home improvement project. 🙂
*All images taken from Elle Decor.